VISITS WITH GOD
This was a letter to Les Rogers.
July 25, 1997
I left two issues unresolved in my previous postings:
1. Can we resolve the difference between the seemingly "mechanical" aspects of seraphic transports and their characterization as "spirit personalities?"
2. What other information do we have on the "mechanical controllers?"
Are the objects in our skies today truly intelligent "spirit beings," independent of their operators? Why are operators required if they are independent? The last remark shows that they do not communicate, or perhaps cannot. Does their lack of communication mean they are "mechanical," without thought? How do they submit themselves to control by other beings? Who created the control devices, displays, rooms, and passages described by so many abductees within such living spirit beings? How do they make themselves visible to specific human mortals and not to others? Indeed, there is mystery here we cannot penetrate.
With detailed discussion in the previous postings you should now have an understanding that flesh and blood creatures can be transported through space, provided they are "dematerialized." After "dematerialization" do they become "nonmaterial personalities?" I must conclude they do; otherwise these statements do not appear to make sense from what little we know of space transport.
Importantly, the transport seraphim have spirit forms. We are permitted to see them only when they are made visible to us. But they are real, and human mortals other than Adamski have witnessed to their reality.
Is it so difficult to understand that seraphic transports are true spirit personalities, in spite of their "nuts and bolts" attributes? Do not all personalities in the universe take on "material," "morontia," or "spiritual" habiliments? Because we human mortals acquired our material habiliments through natural birth does that make those habiliments any less strange as vehicles for expression of our personalities and our wills? Is not the real being in personality, mind, and soul that just happens to inhabit a mortal frame? Is not the mortal frame merely a transient vehicle for personality and mind expression? As the popular saying goes, we are not material creatures inhabited by spirit; we are spirit beings inhabiting a material body.
If the first father and mother Adam and Eve were created, without birth, did that make their semimaterial habiliments less authentic? Their personality and mind expression are in bodies with physical and semimaterial attributes. In this case they did not appear through natural process; God created them directly. If God can create semimaterial bodies directly with personality and mind, can he create morontia forms directly with personality and mind? Of course.
If transport seraphim have morontia habiliments created for their particular function in the universe does that make those habiliments any less valid for their personality expression? If it is their will to submit to the control of other personalities or beings for service in the universe does that submission deprive them of personality reality? If the "disk craft," with their amazing properties, are also created morontia personality forms, does that deprive those personalities of service to the universe? When they approach a "mother ship" and become quiescent, when they go to "sleep," does that mean they are no longer personalities in that particular habiliment? If I go to sleep at night have I lost my personality?
If I have eyes and ears and a head and arms and legs and toes as part of my created personality expression does that mean that seraphic transports cannot have displays, transparent walls, hallways, control apparatus, and divine light as part of their personality expression? Because we equate the properties of living spirit entities with our mechanical devices does that make them mechanical? Or is the problem in our limited human perception? Can God imbue a "mechanical" morontia design with personality?
If we answer yes we can come to better grips with other statements in The Urantia Papers.
Once again you can see that these transport seraphim have "space directors." They are not inanimate projectiles.
I shall now discuss the problems Adamski set for us.
Flesh and blood cannot be transported except when dematerialized. Adamski described "pilots" who appeared entirely human. His operator seats were in the nose of the transport, unprotected from the energies of space travel. This is an obvious contradiction.
Several possibilities exist:
1. His visits were designed to show the operational functions of the transport, but not the actual beings who perform those functions. Human mortals from other worlds were used for this charade.
For those who would deny this possibility I refer you to the New Testament book of Hebrews 13:2 -- "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unaware." We cannot entertain celestial visitors unaware unless they look, act, talk, walk, breathe, and do everything else like us. Or refer to Genesis 19. Lot entertained two "angels" who ate, walked, talked, breathed, had feet to be washed, and slept like ordinary mortals.
2. He saw other entities which were not human but which he described as human in order to make his report palatable.
While this possibility exits I for one opt against it. I believe he reported what he saw.
3. He was under mental influence which caused him to believe he was seeing mortal like beings, but actually was not.
This last possibility is denied by the fact of the banquet he shared on board the transport. An illusion would not have been carried to such extreme. The report of Moses and the seventy elders from Exodus also denies illusion. Therefore, the presence of actual mortals from other worlds is probable. This conclusion is supported by Heb 13:2 and Gen 19. But the conclusion suggests they were brought here exclusively for these extraordinary exercises. In other words, our universe administration went to great lengths to provide these fascinating "revelations." The mortals who participated in these exercises were brought here by "dematerialization." This process was not explained to either Moses or Adamski.
I believe it is important to understand the extent to which our planetary supervisors have gone to provide "revelations." I personally feel that Adamski was selected and "used" because of his limits. Certain human mortals throughout history have been "used" for revelation process, each according to their abilities.
Always keep in mind that this planet is the special ward of our Creator. He can do with it as he pleases. And he can allocate universe resources to programs of revelation according to his desire and his will. If he wishes to reach down and "use" a human mortal as part of that process would we deny him the right to do so?
The exercises with Moses and Adamski would not have been performed if Jesus-Michael had thought they would be fruitless. He certainly must have expected fruition at some point in time. The fact that these "revelations" are now coming to our awareness strongly suggests that their usefulness was expected at a time of great planetary crisis.
My discussion has amply demonstrated how human beings have sometimes been permitted to observe seraphim being prepared for transport service -- transport seraphim, not personal guardian seraphim. In the case of Moses and the people of Israel this permission extended over a period of forty years. In our day and age this permission lasts mostly for only a few moments. The witnesses in France observed operation of the transports for perhaps a half-hour. Adamski observed them in a unique position from space, but only for the duration of his visits on board. Revelations are limited, and limited according to the purpose of our Creator.
I shall now go on to the problem of the "mechanical controllers."
From the statements I conclude that they do not possess personality but are highly intelligent beings. They are designed especially for their functions. They are "mechanical" because they are so completely dominated by their superiors. If we take this definition of "mechanical" -- as an attribute -- we have a difference from my assumption as controllers of "mechanical" devices. This view is in keeping with the seraphic transports as living personalities. The mechanical controllers can perform intricate tasks with skill. Those tasks might include piloting seraphic transports. They need not be dematerialized, since they are not flesh and blood. Also, similar type beings conduct abductions and examinations. We then would have an explanation for the "greys" that have raised so much emotional reaction around the world. The important point here is that revelation has offered us CONCEPTS which permit us to place the "greys" into a sensible framework. We can now handle information beyond the superstitions of the abduction researchers.
On the other hand, further description of "mechanical controllers" exceeds
the concepts of them as discrete "greys" doing purely mechanical tasks.
I, for one, have not the foggiest notion what these statements are all about. If the mechanical controllers, two of them, take their positions to start a seraphic transport on its interplanetary journey, and if there are only ten stationed here on Urantia, someone or something is going to be very busy. Furthermore, if Adamski's descriptions reflect reality, these mechanical controllers, two of them, leave with each transport. Hence, only five transports would be able to travel at one time. Then who or what is directionizing the flow of energy into the specialized currents or circuits? I am lost. I do not know what this all means. Why did the revelators even bother to include it in the Revelation? What good is revelation that has no understanding or practical usefulness? Perhaps future generations will be able to make sense of it.
Obviously, these matters are over-revealed in some respects and under-revealed in others. Perhaps we are to be impressed with the manifold and complex operations of universe travel and forces. Deep mysteries remain.
In these analyses we depend heavily on Adamski. He is the only source which described in detail aspects of seraphic transports. But he never went beyond the confines of the earth stratosphere. Perhaps this is why human mortals from other planets could pretend to operate the seraphic transports during his visits -- they did not actually travel beyond the stratosphere.
Other witness of interplanetary space transport of human earth mortals has been preserved in our planetary record. I shall now discuss those reports to show that, indeed, individuals from this world have traveled to other places in the universe.
I am aware of four individuals who report visiting with the Creator.
They are the ancient prophet Isaiah, a Seneca Indian chief named Hatcinondon,
the ancient writer of the Book of Enoch, and Betty Andreasson.
We should keep in mind the limits of vocabulary to a man living 700 BC. He would naturally substitute familiar images for scenes that went beyond his experience realm. I believe this report is more than presentation of a vision. His words suggest he was actually present in that "temple" before that awesome "throne." He said he saw the King, Yahweh of hosts.
The "seraphim" were there. Isaiah mentions "wings." Were they transport seraphim?
I do not know why he described "smoke." I know the Hebrew word is used to denote someone who is extremely angry, "on a smoke." It may denote attributes of the surroundings or habiliments of Yahweh. See below.
Although this report is obscured by lack of detail, other accounts are
more descriptive. In the "Myths of the Cherokee," published by the
United States Government Printing Office in 1900, as part of the Nineteenth
Annual Report of the Bureau of American Ethnology, the story is given
of a Seneca chief named Hatcinondon. He was caught in a battle with the
Cherokee. They chased him into a canebrake which they set on fire to force
him out. He ran to a neighboring brake where he lay down and fell asleep
because he was so tired. After both canebrakes burned the Cherokee could
not find Hatcinondon's body in the ashes.
This is a most fascinating account. It has several elements which show unique information.
1. Intertwined in the details are Indian interpretations according to
a. The manner of food being offered before dialogue.
b. The courtesy of asking if he was hungry.
c. The sound of someone running outside, as would be heard in an earthly Indian setting.
d. The interpretation of the brilliant being as the Sun.
e. The belief that this "Sun" had to be busy about his place in the cycle of night and day.
2. He is taken by two "men" above the sky vault. In other words, he traveled through space.
3. He was taken to a "house." If we follow other reports we will recognize that this was no ordinary house, but the residence of the Creator. Again, this shows the primitive concept notions of the Seneca and Cherokee.
4. The "man" who welcomed him would be the Creator. Again the Indians reduced this to their conceptual limits.
5. The "man's" name was Hawennio. This name is common across North American Indian tribes and is elsewhere known as Hawaneyu. It was their name for the Creator. Hawaneyu is a combination of two forms, hawa and neyu. "Hawa" was an ancient Semitic word, still retained in Hebrew, which means "to form" or "to mold." Refer to Halkins "201 Hebrew Words," published by Barron's Educational Series, 1970. Hawa as the name for the Creator was not limited to the North American Indians; it was used universally across the planet in very ancient times. Hawa was also used prevalently in those ancient days as a name for places. It is found yet today in such widely separated regions as Hawa, Syria and Hawa, Mongolia. It is also found in Awah Island, Kuwait, Awa, Ethiopia, and Awa, Okinawa. (No, the "awa" ending of Okinawa is not an accident.) It is related to such names as Havana, Cuba, Tijuana, Mexico, both inflectional variations of Hawa. And so on. The Hebrew Yahweh is the same word in another inflected form. Where Hawa in the past tense meant "former" or "molder," Yahweh is the future tense, "he will form" or "he will mold." The difference in tense emphasizes the past action of the Creator versus his future action. He will create a new world.
6. The scene about the "Sun" entering is another indication of the Indian method of dealing with a being in brilliant white light. The Thunder god would be the Creator, but the story has been styled to make it more palatable to Indian minds.
7. He shows his humility in the presence of this mighty being by bowing his head. It is not that he had to hold his head down because of the brightness of the being, but because of his great awe.
8. The purpose of the visit ostensibly is to get Hatcinondon to stop warfare among the Indian tribes. Although this is an admirable admonition, it seems trivial to such an exercise, with the Creator surely knowing that the Indians will continue to fight one another. Perhaps there were other purposes to the visit which were not preserved in the Indian record.
9. I come now to one of the most stunning items in the account. No one in historical times knew what is meant by "something like a door opened of itself." Or "The door opened again of itself." I was deeply impressed by this item; it could not have been invented by the Indians, and shows only in modern UFO reports. The Indian account had to be real, although highly distorted.
I shall now show comparisons with other persons who claimed to have
been taken on board space transports, either consciously, or as abductees.
Only through study of the modern reports did I come to realization of
this remarkable nugget preserved in the American Indian folk stories. Not
only did they confirm the reality of that nugget, they also supported one
another in revelation of unusual properties of transport personalities.
I shall go on to the account in the ancient Book of Enoch; it
is more explicit about a visit with the Creator. I quote here from the
1913 Oxford edition translated by R. H. Charles. The passage is in I Enoch
2. Adamski and The Urantia Papers state that seraphic transports are carried on the currents of space. Enoch said the "lightnings" sped and hastened him, and the "winds" caused him to fly.
3. Isaiah described a "temple." Here Enoch portrays a magnificent edifice, beyond his abilities to describe. Quite likely, the edifice had an outer court, and an inner sanctuary where Christ Michael is located.
4. Isaiah described a "throne." Here Enoch portrays a lofty throne. We do not know what is meant by "wheels" but they probably are attempt to describe the footings or settings of the throne.
5. Isaiah said he talked with Yahweh. Enoch talked with a Great Glory, the Lord.
6. Isaiah saw cherubim. Enoch saw cherubim.
7. Isaiah described "smoke." Enoch described flaming fire, probably his best attempt to portray the glory of shining crystals.
8. Hatcinondon bowed his head at the brightness of the "Sun." Enoch bowed his head in the presence of the Great Glory.
9. Enoch entered through tongues of fire which made him greatly afraid.
I shall now go on to the report from Betty Andreasson, The Andreasson Affair, Raymond Fowler, 1979. We must keep in mind that Betty's report came through hypnosis, and all of its limitations. As I explained before, the technique of bringing conscious recall to Betty after each hypnotic session, in order for her to draw pictures, introduced considerable adulteration of her account. That adulteration increased with each passing session. Nevertheless, sufficient detail exists to compare against Enoch.
Betty described what apparently was departure from the transport, although she was unaware that it was so. She and her escorts, two of them as with Hatcinondon, enter a tunnel. This could have been a hallway in the transport.
1. "And we are coming to some kind of glass -- mirror, or glass."
2. "And they are going through it! We are going through it -- through that mirror." Enoch stated that he drew up to a wall of crystal.
3. "I'm in a place where it's all red. The atmosphere is all red, vibrating red... And their suits look red. Only their head things look blackish-red." Later, in "debriefing," Betty was asked if the redness was an effect from the horizon. This she denied, saying the atmosphere was red all over. Enoch said he went into tongues of fire, and became greatly afraid. A vibrating red atmosphere may have appeared to him as "tongues of fire."
4. Betty then describes strange lemur-like animals, filling the landscape.
Perhaps she saw spornagia.
5. She was then taken through a landscape which she described as "beautiful."
She goes on to describe strange pyramid-like buildings, flying
objects she does not understand, and in the distance what she thought was
7. "I'm seeing something like a large bird -- huge, huge bird. It is standing with its wings and the light is in back of it." This differs from the other accounts. Enoch saw a Great Glory. Hatcinondon saw the "Sun."
8. "Whew. It is hot, I'm so hot. I'm so hot. I feel like I'm burning, I'm so hot." Compare this with Enoch who felt that it was as hot as fire, yet as cold as ice.
9. She goes on to describe how the huge eagle-like bird begins to be
consumed in flame and dwindles down to a thick, clay like worm that appears
in the ashes. The purpose of this scene is unknown except that it replicates
ancient myths of the Phoenix bird being consumed by flame, turning into
a worm, and then resurrecting once again. At that point she hears someone
speaking in a loud voice.
Here Ray Fowler makes a comment:
We know that the Creator is the Son. Therefore, Betty is interpreting according to her understanding of the Father-Son relationship.
You can see once again there is a timeliness to unfolding events. This information is now made known at a time of great planetary decision.
Betty was "chosen," as other have been "chosen" for specific tasks. Hatcinondon, Isaiah, and Enoch were all "chosen," as Melchizedek chose the prophets and seers of ancient Israel. She was chosen because of her love for her Creator, for Jesus. She probably was also chosen because of her unique "theological" beliefs which made her amenable to these experiences.
The full extent of Betty's contribution remains to be seen. I had considerable correspondence with Betty and visited with her. She truly believes she has been specially chosen, but she does not understand the nature of unfolding events. She rejected an offer of The Urantia Papers I made to her. I sent her a copy, upon which receipt she told me she immediately placed it in "storage."
This concludes my direct attention to seraphic transports, unless future inquires show a need for deeper work. I shall continue with information on our celestial visitors in future communiqués.