With the phenomena in our skies continuing year after year, seemingly unabated, and with occasional spectacular episodes, agencies within the United States Government became concerned about the impact on national security. This was at the height of the cold war. Continual reporting of events in the skies could seriously interrupt national defense operations, with many false alarms of enemy threat. The "swamp gas" incident in Michigan, and other events, forced measures to deal with, or dampen public concern.

The policy of official agencies of the previous two decades had been to deny their reality, with the assistance of prominent scientists, who themselves did not believe the phenomena were real. Observations of strange objects were assigned to atmospheric inversion layers, the planet Venus as a bright object in the sky, experimental aircraft, northern lights, or any other atmospheric phenomena official agencies could find to obfuscate the reports. This was done with the hope that public interest would decline, and perhaps, public concern go away.

It did not.

Meanwhile, official agencies were fully aware that the objects were under intelligent control. This conclusion was reached by the late 1940's but, at that time, a firm estimate of the phenomena had not been reached. Not until the contactees began reporting in the early 1950's did the shape of the phenomena begin to take on more solid form.

Associated with the phenomena were heavy paranormal aspects. Objects suddenly appeared and disappeared seemingly out of, and into, nowhere. Many persons in close proximity to the objects reported strange psychic feelings. Some reported receiving messages by mental telepathy. The electromagnetic power of the objects could kill automobile batteries and electric circuits. This caused government agencies to extend their investigation into psychic phenomena and the paranormal. I recall one report of two naval officers dispatched to Maine to interview a woman who claimed to have received messages from UFOs.



Government interest in Adamski was intense. By the late 1950's he had received world-wide attention, and was on world tour. Leaders of State were giving him audience. In 1983 Ceti Publications in England published a book called "George Adamsi, The Untold Story." It was written by Lou Zinsstag of Basle, Switzerland, who had become Adamski's Swiss representative in 1957. The co-author was Timothy Good, member of the London Symphony Orchestra, and a UFO researcher from England, who was familiar with Adamski's history. They presented Adamsk's story, as best they could gather it, since Adamski had no personal records and left no accounts. A major portion of their book concentrated on the controversies surrounding Adamski, and the disbelief he engendered even in his most dedicated supporters. In the end hardly anyone continued to believe in him. But the United States Government did.

All of Adamski's friends and helpers had abandoned him. Alice Wells, Adamski's close supporter for thirty years, Lucy McGinnis, his voluntary secretary for fourteen years, and Carol Honey, an aerospace engineer who was a staunch supporter for seven years, and who became Adamski's only remaining support in the early 1960's -- all left him to his own devices. He was without money or friends.

While Adamski's inner circle had given up on him, a small faithful following continued among the general public. In 1964 Madeleine Rodeffer of Silver Spring, Maryland invited him to stay with her and her husband Nelson while he found other circumstances.

On Friday, 26 February, 1965, a most unusual event took place.

"Sometime between 3pm and 4pm, Madeleine and George looked through the dining room window and noticed what appeared to be a small craft hovering back and forth over the trees. At the same time a grey car drew up the road in the bottom of the drive, and three men came to the front door."

Madeleine later remembered them shouting, "They're here! Get your cameras. They're here!"

Madeleine had recently been given an 8-mm movie camera by her husband, but was unfamiliar with its operation. She had run only one 50-ft film through it and had asked Adamski to load it with new film that morning. She grabbed the camera and went outside. About two weeks earlier she had broken her leg and was in a cast. While hobbling around she tried to take shots but had trouble in handling camera. She gave it to Adamski who continued to photograph the object.

Meanwhile the men who had alerted them had left the scene. Adamski speculated they were "space brothers." No, they were not space brothers. They were agents of the United States Government who had Adamski under surveillance. Official agencies were keenly interested in the man, to the point of assigning agents to follow him around.

Adamski, Madeleine, and Nelson were all excited about getting the film developed. Unfortunately, it was late on Friday, with businesses now closed. Adamski called a friend named Bill Sherwood who worked for Kodak in Rochester, New York. However, the film was not Kodak and he could not offer direct

help. He recommended a shop in Alexandria, Virginia, where they took it Monday morning.


Then a most unusual thing happened. After they collected the film a few days later and ran it in their home movie projector they discovered that it was not the original film. Pieces had been removed from the film, and fake sequences spliced in. An important segment, which they remembered showing the underside of the object, was completely missing! The fraudulent frames showed an object that obviously was an old hat! Furthermore, the frames of the entire film looked like they had been taken of a projection of the original onto a movie screen. The images were blurred and fuzzy. They did not have the original film!

This film was later shown to groups in the United States, and in Europe, only to bring more denouncement down on Adamski's head.

Who was aware of Adamski's activity, or that he had captured an object on movie film? Only groups who had him under surveillance. Obviously, Adamski was of interest to groups on this planet who had the resources to keep him under observation, to know where he was taking an 8-mm movie film for processing, to take that film, cut and splice it, and then provide him with a second-hand corrupted copy. Since none of the amateur organizations, and none of the semi-professional agencies then pursuing UFOs, had the resources we must deduce the substitution came from agencies with call upon such means. Also, since hardly anyone in the academic community, and few in corporate research structures had that kind of interest, we must conclude that only the United States Government was the source of that surveillance, interference, and conspiracy to bring more infamy upon Adamski.

Why did our celestial visitors create this episode with Adamski? Probably as a farewell gesture for the unique service he provided to his fellow man. They were saying goodby. The object was clearly similar in design to a photograph Adamski had published years before, but which had been condemned widely as a fake.

Adamski was invited to present his movie and give a talk on his experiences by his friend Bill Sherwood. He arrived in Rochester, New York on March 17 in the middle of a blizzard. From there he went on to lectures in Syracuse and Buffalo, New York, Worcester and Lowell, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. He returned to Silver Spring in April looking exhausted. On Thursday, April 22 he awoke with chest and neck pains. Although Adamski feared hospitals, the Rodeffer's took him to the Washington Sanatorium in Takoma Park. After examination and medication he went home with the Rodeffers, but the next morning he was noticeably worse. They took him back to the hospital where he passed away on Friday, April 23.

I offer these details of Adamski in order for the reader to obtain a better grasp of the interest of official agencies in a man who claimed to have been taken on board craft in the sky, who was extremely controversial, and who obviously fabricated false accounts. The event in Silver Spring on February 26 certainly focused the elements of his history. He appeared as a charlatan to everyone, yet he was used as an agent of revelation. His public image was manipulated both by human organizations and celestial agencies.


I shall now relate my personal history, and the reason I was of interest to the United States Government.

I attended one year of Electrical Engineering school at Penn State between 1954 and 1955. My wife and I were then married, built a home, and bred three children. I continued study at night school at Lafayette College in Easton, PA until 1962 when I left employment at Bell Labs for the second time to finish the last year of undergraduate work. I was graduated cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa in 1963. I had done very well on Graduate Record exams, achieving 99 percentile on the electrical engineering test, and 98 percentile on the general engineering test. I was offered doctoral fellowships by some of the top schools of the country, including MIT, Stanford, and Purdue. I accepted an offer from Bell Labs for an industrial fellowship at the University of Illinois. Bell Labs was interested in keeping me in their employment because of my excellent work as a senior technician on electron device research and development, . I was graduated from that school the following year with a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, specializing in electron device physics.

Upon graduation I was offered a job at Bell Lab's Whippany, New Jersey government development facility, and back at the Allentown plant. I chose the latter, but found myself reporting to a man who had graduated from Princeton, and who came from an elitist family. We did not get along. With my background of night school, and practical attitudes he had no respect for me. By March of 1965 I found myself in a job at the Federal Systems Division of IBM in Owego, NY. There I did research on the failure of electron devices, and presented a paper to the National Reliability Symposium in Washington, DC in February, 1967.

Around the middle of the summer in 1965 I became interested in "cosmic" matters. I had read Immanuel Velikovski's works, with his famous "Worlds In Collision." In my business trips for IBM I also picked up books at airport news stands on UFOs, but my interest at that time was casual. The Michigan swamp gas incident broke on the news, and Walter Kronkite spent the major portion of a CBS evening news cast on UFOs. Now my interest was really stirred up.

Meanwhile an old work associate from Bell Labs had contacted me to join him at Communication Satellite Corporation in Washington, DC. I put off the decision for about a year until he gave me an ultimatum. I left IBM to join Comsat in March, 1967.

During this period my interest in space visitations was increasing. As I was skimming through our home copy of the Americana Encyclopedia I ran across an article on Jonathan Swift and his prediction of the two moons of Mars. That really piqued my interest. When we moved to Frederick, Maryland in March I began a more intense study of the UFO contactees, those persons who claimed to have been taken on board flying objects. As I read Swift's account in Gulliver's Travels I immediately recognized that his story was far more than satire. I also had picked up Adamki's "Inside the Space Ships" and was dumfounded to discover many similarities with Swift. How could those two men provide such similar details over a period of 250 years? There had to be more going on than mere coincidence. During the summer of 1967 I also found the account of Daniel Fry, and his report of a trip aboard a remote controlled craft from New Mexico to New York City within less than an hour. Many of his details agreed with Swift and Adamski. I also was then reading the story of Betty and Barney Hill, "Interrupted Journey," by John Fuller. Again I found agreement in specific details of the interior of the craft and the "creatures" operating them.

By this time I was thoroughly convinced of the activity of space visitors. But who were they? What were they doing? What was their purpose?

Among the accounts of Swift, Adamski, and Fry I found elements of planetary trauma and renewal, with dramatic geophysical changes predicted for our planet. This brought me back to the Bible. In the summer of 1967, staring through our family room window onto the beautiful Maryland countryside I was deeply absorbed by the Book of Isaiah when my wife walked into the room. I turned to her and said, "I know what this book is talking about." The picture was coming together and I was shaken to the roots of my being.

By September I was talking to anyone who would listen. Wilf Maillet, a work associate at Comsat, asked if I had ever heard of The Urantia Book. I said no. He then briefly described the nature of the contents. Within a week I had a copy. I was both flabbergasted and nonplused by the contents. I did not know what to do with it. I was spellbound by the Papers on the Paradise Sons of God, and the Creator Sons. For the first time in my life God became a being who was real, who was actively associated with his creation, and who was highly concerned about our personal welfare. Furthermore, the book described seraphic transports, and interplanetary visitations. What was going on? What was going on in my life?

Late in that year these influences all came together. I knew we were about to experience a great planetary judgment, that our visitors were engaged in some activity associated with the salvage of this planet, and that individual human mortals had been chosen to provide revelations. I then had a sudden and profound spiritual experience that shook me to the roots of my being, and left me in a highly disturbed psychic condition. I came into spiritual contact with my Creator. I know no other way to describe that experience.

Early in 1968 I began presenting lunch-time seminars on my discoveries to my associates. Around May I visited Richard Hall at NICAP, the National Investigative Committee on Aerial Phenomena, a few blocks from where I worked. He was cool about my discoveries, and downright hostile about Adamski. NICAP had been founded by Donald Keyhoe, a retired Marine Corp Colonel, who fully believed we were being visited by intelligence from other parts of the universe. But his explanations, and those of most other people, were derived from the orientations of our godless mechanistic social order. Few were willing to admit that somehow this business was connected to God. No could accept that we had now encountered the Kingdom of Heaven.

Sometime in the early spring of 1968 a young man named Drew Muhlenberg joined the technical staff at Comsat, and within a day or two, came to my desk where he introduced himself. He had a PhD in nuclear physics. He had heard about my investigations into UFOs and desired to discuss them. That began a friendship which lasted several years. I did not know it at the time, but he had a brother who was Assistance Secretary of Defense for United States Air Force Research and Development.

Around June I felt a strong urge to set my discoveries down on paper. I stayed after hours at Comsat, bought a typewriter, and worked weekends to get an account together. But it went slow. By the fall I had only five chapters in draft form. I left employment at Comsat in November, much to the dismay of my wife. I was throwing a promising career out the window, to write a book on flying saucers, of all things! She thought I had lost my senses.

I finished the manuscript in March, 1969. By that time we had exhausted our savings, were postponing payments on mortgage principle, were borrowing against our automobiles, and generally scrambling to keep ends together.

Then an extraordinary event took place.

In August Carlton Press, a vanity publisher from New York, showed up in Frederick with an advertisement in the local paper looking for authors.

Naturally I answered, and was interviewed. They agreed to publish the book, but I would need $6,000 to finance it.

Meanwhile, my wife, thoroughly distraught, called Drew Muhlenberg on the telephone and engaged in an emotional appeal. Drew agreed to give the $6,000 to publish the book.

On one occasion during negotiations I met Drew at his apartment overlooking the Pentagon in Arlington, VA. When I walked in the door he was on the phone engaged in money discussions with someone on the other end.

Carlton Press published the book in 1970. It was cheaply bound, with no contribution from their staff on editing, design or appearance. They reported that they sold one hundred copies.

During this period Drew was a visitor in our home, sometimes over weekends, with many conversations on our celestial visitors. During those conversations he would make remarks which indicated he knew far more about flying craft than he was openly revealing. For example, he one time mentioned bremsstrahlung radiation, created by electrons being accelerated in a circular motion. If high density flow of electrons were taking place in the skin of the circular flying craft they would emit light, certainly one of the exhibitions associated with that phenomena.

Drew was also well aware of the descriptions of the magnetic pole situated in the center of the craft and the comparisons I had collected for my book. Apparently, the circular craft used high level magnetic fields as part of their propulsion mechanism.

Another item were the beveled edges of the interior corners of the craft. Why beveled edges? To reduce the intensity of electric and magnetic fields at edges, a problem well known to physicists and engineers.

These, and other items, would be important to design if the United States Government desired to learn the secrets of the craft. I had collected a series of items which offered insight into design. It may be that I was instrumental in helping understand the requirements of that design.

Later I learned about his brother. It was then that I realized that the coincidence of Carlton Press appearing in Frederick, Drew's keen interest, and his help on the financing of my book was more than accident.

Drew's brother has been instrumental in another endeavor. In March of 1966 the Air Force set up a committee to review the status of UFO reports, and to make recommendations. That panel recommended the creation of a scientific study group. The Air Force thereupon placed a contract with the University of Colorado to investigate the reports that had accumulated in the files of Project Blue Book, another Air Force operation, and to draw a consensus and conclusion from that study. The committed was headed by Edward U. Condon, and became known as the Condon committee. He was a well-know scientist who had been director of the National Bureau of Standards. His name lent authenticity to the study.


The final report was dated October 31, 1968. During the period of its existence internal memoranda were leaked to the press, indicating that the purpose of the committee was to make it appear as a serious objective study, but not to publish definitive conclusions as to the actual existence of space visitors. This approach then left the general public with the belief that the United States Government was denying the existence of UFOs, but the committee did not publish such conclusion.

Section I of the report, with Condon's name attached, stated some of the conclusions:

  1. "Careful consideration of the record as it is available to us leads us to conclude that further extensive study of UFOs probably cannot be justified in the expectation that science will be advanced thereby."


Well, certainly the conclusion was full of caveats, and said nothing about the existence or nonexistence of UFOs. The "record as it is available to us" also said nothing about Government records that were not available to the study. The lack of expectation for the advancement of science by that point in time implied that whatever was behind the UFOs it was too elusive to be captured or scientifically studied or defined.

The following conclusion was a gem:

  1. "We feel that the reason that there has been very little scientific study of the subject is that those scientists who are most directly concerned, astronomers, atmospheric physicists, chemists, and psychologists, having had ample opportunity to look into the matter, have individually decided that UFO phenomena do not offer a fruitful field in which to look for major scientific discoveries."


That was an outright deception. Many scientists did not study UFO phenomena because most of them did not believe they were real. They did not believe they were real because the United States Government had been piling ridicule upon it for twenty years. While it was true that individual scientists made such decision they did so mostly out of ignorance. And the United States Government wanted to keep it that way. The conclusion was designed to just that purpose. This statement, along with the major body of the Report, was designed as a piece of propaganda.

  1. "We know of no reason to question the finding of the Air Force that the whole class of UFO reports so far considered does not pose a defense problem.


Twenty years were required to reach that conclusion but, again, the caveat was in the "so far considered." Considered by whom? By that time experts within the United States Government knew that the UFOs were non-threatening, and that their elusive presence was something they had learned to handle.

The wide expectation of the general public on the conclusions to be drawn from the study left a large part of the population in disappointment. It looked like the committee had avoided the real issue. The Air Force asked Walter Sullivan, science editor for the New York Times, to publish the report, and it became a best seller. Sullivan contributed to the deception by laying off reports on human psychological and religious emotional problems. His own psychology probably contributed to his desire to make it a non-issue.

My work came in the middle of this heightened public expectation. Agencies within the Government did not need other information published to upset the apple cart. Hence, the scheme to reduce my work to one of unimportance, and to control circulation.

I republished my book in 1975 as "The Day of Celestial Visitation." Exposition Press did a more careful design job. It was reviewed in UFO journals, and saw some circulation.

Over the years I turned my purpose from one of trying to inform the public of these momentous discoveries to one suited to God's purpose. As time flowed by I came to realize that this work is part of a revelation design, and that now, at this time of great planetary crisis, its true usefulness will come to fruition.